Many consumer products, containers, appliances and tools require some type of filtration, venting, diffusion, absorption, or wicking function to operate effectively. Polystar Technologies’ sintered porous media provide solutions to serve your needs through a:
- Wicking function to dispense desired fragrances in a controlled fashion.
- Absorbing function to effectively absorb unpleasant odors.
- Barrier or filtration function to prevent the ingress of water, fluid, smoke, dust, or other contaminants.
- Venting function to dissipate heat or pressure generated by home appliances, tools or other types of equipment.
- Diffusion function to deliver creams, lotions, fragrances, ointments, salves, gels or other liquids.
- Shielding function to prevent electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The following are just a few of the many consumer products that incorporate microporous media:
- Grout applicators
- Handheld electronics
- Highlighter tips
- Ink pads
- Marker tips
- Outdoor cameras and light fixtures
- Power tool filters
- Stamp pads
- Water filters
- Air fresheners
- Caps and closures
- Cosmetics packaging
- Cap & closures
- Decorative lighting
- Earphone or earbud vents
- Faucet filters
- Fragrance disbursing systems
Whether the sintered porous material is polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), polyethylene (PE), or other thermoplastics intended for a filter, container, package, power tool or applicator, look to Polystar Technologies to assist you with your next design engineering project.